- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- Your rights with regard to the collection of information.
BioCep has developed a large-scale, automated immuno-magnetic cell separation technology for the cell and gene therapy market. Our flagship product, SmartSep™ enables exceptional cell recovery with an efficient magnetic beads removal process before infusion to the patient.
Information from which you can be personally identified may also be collected, including but not limited to your name, email address, telephone number, organization, city, country and the location of the computer through which you used the Website (hereinafter: “Personal Information”). Personal Information shall be collected only if received voluntarily by you, including, without limitation, by registering or completing the contact forms available through the Website, requesting a demo and scheduling a demonstration of our devices at your facility, subscribing to our newsletter or providing us with your details in various events. If you contact us for reasons such as for a specific service, asking questions or requesting technical support, we will collect the information related to your inquiry. This may include your email address and other contact information, depending on the nature of your inquiry.
Use of Information
We use the personal information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing. We may use or process your personal information for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
1. Providing the Requested Services:
- We provide technical and professional support for customers who use our devices, request a demo for using them, and contact us for support. We process the Personal Information where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract regarding the purchased device.
- We will collect your Personal Information to respond to any inquiry you submit when you contact us via the contact forms available through the Website.
We process this information, as it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you regarding the requested services.
2. Improvement and Development of the Services:
- We use several means to improve and develop our services such as articles, reports, as well as hold customer events and conferences.
- We collect the user interaction with BioCep as a feedback mechanism that improves our solutions by promoting suggestions you decide to accept.
- We analyze the information we receive from such sources to evaluate and improve our services, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
- Your email address and your account will be used to send you service updates and notifications about your account, to respond to you regarding comments or inquiries you have submitted or in order to contact you when BioCep believes it to be necessary.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving the services, to allow our users to have the best experience.
3. Personalize Content, Advertising and Marketing:
- If you have used BioCep’s services in the past, we have a legitimate business interest for matching the data we collect with other data we had already collected. This enables us to personalize the content we send you and make it more suitable and relevant to your needs, as well as to improve your experience on the Website by providing personalized content, recommendations, and features.
- BioCep takes part in many events and conferences to present its product and services to existing and potential customers. If you register for such events, we will provide you with information and services associated with the event and additional services in which you may have an interest. Sharing your personal information with us during an event, will allow you to receive personalized marketing materials.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest to enable easy access to information on our services and products and to personalize your experience and customize our content.
Disclosure of Information and Transfer of Data
You have the right at any time to request to access or modify your information. To exercise these options, please contact us at email@example.com.In some jurisdictions, in particular those located within the European Union (the “EU“) or within the European Economic Area (the “EEA“), you may be afforded specific rights regarding your Personal Information. Subject to such eligibility, you may have the following rights to:
- Request a rectification of your Personal Information where the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete;
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes;
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data where our legal basis for that processing is that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests;
- Object to an automated decision making (including profiling) in certain circumstances;
- Request the erasure of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where processing is no longer necessary for the purpose it was originally collected for, and there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process or store it;
- Receive your Personal Information, or ask us to transfer it to another organization that you have provided to us which we process by automated means, where our processing is either based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
Generally, with regard to information collected on our Website, BioCep is a “Data Controller”. Therefore if you wish to exercise the above mentioned rights, please contact us, and we will make our best efforts to fulfill your request.If you wish to file a request regarding any of the above you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may use “cookies” and/or other technologies or files (collectively, “cookies”) to identify how visitors make use of our Website. This aggregated tracking information may be used to help us improve and enhance the Website’s experience for all of our visitors. In addition, cookies are used for adjusting the Website to your personal preferences. Cookies contain information such as the pages you visited, the length of time you stayed on the Website, the location from which you accessed the Website and more. If you would prefer not to have cookies stored on your computer, you may modify your browser settings to reject most cookies, or manually remove cookies that have been placed on your computer. However, by rejecting the cookies, you may be unable to fully access the offerings on our Website. To find out more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Opt In or Opt Out
You are always in control of your data, and if you choose to receive information from us or others, you can change your mind later. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving such information or opt out of a feature, you may notify us by writing to email@example.com. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases and servers, although we will always make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request. Keep in mind that we may be unable to have your information removed from the records of any third party, who has been provided with your information in accordance with this policy.
Links to Other Websites
Generally, BioCep does not retain information longer than necessary to provide its services and for its reasonable business and lawful needs. If you withdraw your consent to us processing your data, we will erase your personal data from our systems (unless the data is required for BioCep to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims or it is necessary for the performance of the requested services), and inform other relevant parties to which we have disclosed your personal data of the erasure request.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- You can request to change your Personal Information by emailing us.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a Federal US law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not to use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the commercial message sent to you as an advertisement when required.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Website is not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not, knowingly or intentionally, collect information about children who are under 16 years of age.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 16 YOU MAY NOT USE THE WEBSITE, UNLESS PARENTAL CONSENT IS PROVIDED ACCORDINGLY.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Last updated: August 2020